The Clam Drill Plate has been a favorite for many years, allowing anglers to convert an 18 volt cordless drill to an electric auger that is extremely lightweight & portable. By giving an alternative to heavy gas or electric augers, the Clam Drill Plate changed ice fishing forever! Not only will the Drill Plate save your wrist & forearm, it will also save wear & tear on your drill with its sealed ball bearing drive.
- Weight: 5 lbs - With auger bit/tested drill: 14 lbs
- Anodized aluminum frame/handle/plate
- Rubber dipped handles and trigger for easier handling and use
- Taller upright bracket to accommodate more drill types
- Industrial ball bearing - absorbs the load from the auger so the drill is only used to spin the auger and not support the torque
- Extends the life of the drill
- Includes all hardware needed to mount your drill
- Works with most current 18 or 20-volt ½ inch cordless drills
- Convert cordless drill to an electric auger!
- Lightweight, portable and easy to use
- No gas auger fumes!
- Spring return on the actuator arm
- Patents 9,561,546 and 9,999,969
like the whole setup except the part that holds the auger has a hole size way to small for my jiffy torch, hole should be 3/8 not 1/4 in.
I have been lugging a gas powered Strike Master Auger for many years but the first time I saw a cordless drill on the Clam Plate I had to have one. My gas auger is officially retired. I bought the Milwaukee Fuel 18 volt drill with 2 5 Amp hour batteries and I had a 7 inch SM manual auger with new blades. It drills like a dream and I bet I dropped 25 pounds from the load I drag onto the ice. No more mixing stinky gas, pulling cords or maintaining an engine, just pull the trigger and a perfect hole magically appears in the ice in seconds.