With the growth of copper line and wire line fishing techniques within the Great Lakes salmon fisheries, anglers have been able to continue to catch fish even with ultra-clear water conditions. The issue has now become that landing fish at the end of many hundreds of feet of copper fishing line is not the best experience, especially with reels running standard gear ratios. Cold Water Wire Line reels add high-speed gear ratios and high-performance spool bearings to address the rigors of wire and copper fishing lines. The 303 and 453 models include a line counter. The CW-553 is an ultra-large capacity, high-speed with no line counter. These reels put the fun back in catching fish on wire and copper fishing lines.
· Aluminum spool, infinite anti-reverse one-way bearing, precision cut, brass gears, corrosion resistant frame and side-plates, large star drag, and titanium levelwind
· Oversized, super smooth, multi-disc Carbonite drag system, line clicker
· Ergonomic stamped aluminum power handle with oversized, comfortable knob
· Line counter measures line in feet
· Gear ratio 4.2:1, holds 420 yards of 20#
· Carton 5 reels, minimum order 1 reel.