A Band of Anglers OCEAN BORN™ FLYING POPPER 5.5" Green Mackerel
- FLYING POPPER Green Mackerel
A Patrick Sebile design, the Flying Popper is a narrow-necked popper with greater casting & action. The side wings enhance aerodynamics and give the lure lift once it's in the water. Low air friction ribs reduce air resistance and add water turbulence. That means the Flying Popper casts farther and moves more enticingly than any other bait of its kind. Shaped for castability and versatility – from still to rough waters, it is aerodynamically engineered to increase casting distance and experience tuned actions that bring in more fish. Unique multi-action versatile lures which can pop, spit, walk the dog or can create a bubble trail – and even swim like a billed minnow! Ocean Born Flying Poppers come in 4 types - Floating (FL), Sinking (SK), Super Long Distance (SLD) and Tuna Rocket. Anglers can fish these incredibly versatile lures by popping or ripping on top, walking the dog, swimming like a swimbait, and the SLD model can even be jigged on the bottom, unique for a top water lure – talk about versatility here!! Simply change model and adjust speed and type of retrieve, so you will be able to use this lure in a wide range of situations, everywhere, all year round. FL and SK models come with 4X treble hooks; the SLD model comes with 6X treble hooks and the Tuna Rocket with 6X single hook - enough to handle any fight!!
- Floating (FL): walking the dog action on calm waters; pop-and-stop
- Sinking (SK): achieve long distance in normal conditions (2 times the FL model distance!!); light wake action on super slow retrieve (flat sea, no current – ideal for nighttime & summer fishing).
- Super Long Distance (SLD): Patrick Sebile’s favorite. Achieve super long distance even in windy conditions. Offer good control in turbulent waters, and a great swimbait action on medium speed steady retrieve – such as a metal billed minnow. Also, can be jigged to reach fish at various depths, unique for a topwater lure!!
- Coming soon! Tuna Rocket version: for those targeting the largest and most powerful game fish.
- ABS body & 350lb wire-through construction
You can't catch fish you can't reach!! The Flying Series dramatically increases casting distance without sacrificing action or fish-catching ability. Each model features design elements such as side wings, low air friction ribs or others that allow it to seemingly "fly" far away through the air, even under windy conditions. Catch the fish others can't reach – thanks to the Flying Series lures from Ocean Born!!
Note: Packaging thick bag can be used to store or carry the lure while fishing. Just cut the top part off and remove the card.
Patrick Sebile was born to fish; he travels the world, studying and catching hundreds of different species. His life's work has been creating the best fishing products for those who share his passion.
Dedicated to sea fishing and the most powerful fish on our planet, Ocean Born lures offers action, strength, quality, craftsmanship and value every angler will appreciate.